Bouvry Exports is committed to providing high-quality meat to its customers around the world. When buying horses, we follow strict guidelines to ensure quality and traceability. If you are looking to sell to Bouvry Exports, please review our equine acceptance information below.
As of July 31, 2010, it is mandatory for all equines to be accompanied with an accurate and properly completed Equine Identification Document (EID). EID’s help us verify ownership of the animal and provide traceability. Traceability is important to ensure our customers are getting a safe, high-quality product.
A properly completed EID must accompany the animal to be accepted by Bouvry Exports. Some general directions for filling out the EID include:
– MUST BE FILLED OUT IN BLUE PEN
– ORIGINAL COPY MUST ACCOMPANY HORSE TO SLAUGHTER FACILITY (PHOTOCOPIES OF THE EID WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED)
– ONLY THE HORSE OWNER MAY SIGN THE OWNER DECLARATION
– IF A HORSE IS BRANDED WITH A BRAND NOT REGISTERED TO THE LISTED OWNER, A BILL OF SALE MUST ACCOMPANY THE EID FORM
– MISTAKES MUST BE INITIALED
– DO NOT FILL OUT ‘TRANSIENT AGENT DECLARATION’ SECTION
FOR A LINE-BY-LINE GUIDE TO FILLING OUT THE EID, DOWNLOAD OUR INSTRUCTION SHEET.
Download EID Filling Instructions
Please reference the Canadian Food Inspection Agency for more information.